Friday, December 15, 2006

Techies Working from Home in Portland

There are many techies working from home offices here in Portland. In my case, I work for Compiere, a bay area open source company, and there are many others like me along with technology consultants, entrepreneurs, analysts, and others who wouldn't mind working at a “real office” occasionally. While I love my home office, it might be nice to have something other than a coffee shop where I could squat when I have company in town or every other Tuesday morning when my housekeeper is here. Shared office space would also provide a place where we can meet with other local technology workers to network, share thoughts, get feedback on crazy ideas, etc. by the “water cooler”.

The co-working idea could be popular here in Portland where we have so many independent technology workers. If you are interested, Raven started a co-working in Portland wiki where you can sign up or get more information about the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is one. It's called CubeSpace.

Raven Zachary said...

Well, CubeSpace is one approach. It's a business - what we're talking about isn't a profit-seeking venture. I need to reach out to the CubeSpace team and get a better sense for what they are doing over there.