Thursday, August 24, 2006

At Foo

I will be at O'Reilly's Foo Camp Friday through Sunday. Drop me an email (dawn/at/dawnfoster/dot/com) if you are attending and want to chat about collective intelligence, web 2.0, communities, or any of the other topics that I regularly blog about.


Danese Cooper and I are going to record some podcasts at Foo about community for an upcoming O'Reilly book, so please contact one of us if you have something interesting to say about community. This is your chance to be a famous voice immortalized in an O'Reilly book [grin].


I am also trying to organize a discussion to explore how the web 2.0 communities are similar to / different from open source communities. What can Digg, MySpace, LinkedIn, and others learn from open source communities? How could open source communities take advantage of web 2.0 technologies to bring more non-technical people into open source communities (think SpreadFirefox for example)?


UPDATE: I spent some time writing about how web 2.0 communities and open source communities are similar / different on my Intel Trends in Web 2.0 blog.

No comments: