Monday, June 12, 2006

Renaming the Blog

You may have just noticed that the Open Source Culture blog is now the Open Culture blog. Over time, my focus has been shifting from a narrow focus on open source software to a slightly broader focus on open communities in general, including other online communities. I expect to continue to blog about open source frequently … it has been my passion and area of expertise for a long time. Now, I will be adding some additional commentary on the new wave of online communities (web 2.0 if you want to call it by that name), and I will still be drawing on what these communities can learn from the experience gathered over the many years that open source communities have thrived online.

I resisted renaming this for quite a while, but as with most things that evolve over time, this blog needed to evolve with the times to align with my new focus and new interests.

No comments: